Tuesday, November 2, 2010

'll be gone till November

It's November...yay!

November is a good month, at least i hope it will be. For me, it's the month I finish my two-month long exams. It's the month my dad, sister and best girlie all have their birthdays hence, lots of cake, yum! It's the month 'lil Wayne gets out of jail, hence, the 'i'll be gone till November' title. It's the month closest to December where i get lots of goodies and pretend to believe in Santa Claus simply because i missed out on that in my childhood (Nigerian kids weren't taught to make-believe, any child caught doing that was said to be possessed by evil spirits because he/ she was seeing things that do not exist) what else? o yes, I'm glad I'm alive and well enough to see the new month. Not many have been as fortunate you see, so be thankful, if not for anything, but for the mere fact that you're breathing and you've got a pulse, however weak.

Ok, so you know how people usually have new year resolutions, well, being the creative lass that i am, i decided oh why the heck not, I'll draw up a new month resolution. So, every month I'll have a set of things that i hope to accomplish. Some believe it's bad luck to tell people your resolutions, however, because I'm me I'll share mine with you.


  • I decided I will be a stronger christian i.e no more gossipping, no more unnecessary sarcasm except on my blog, and a few other things i don't think i should share. I'll read my bible more and really be in touch with my spirituality and with God.
  • I plan to be more focused: I've got a few exams left and i shall do less facebooking, less novel reading and less day dreaming.
  • I have decided to commit myself to a healthier eating routine: i don't have a problem with this, but, chocolate usually gets in the way.
  • I have resolved to care more, love more and laugh more
  • I have decided to have faith that i shall get an A in that Maths paper even though it was tough as nails and it screwed me from behind ( Ok no kidding here, it really did, y'all please pray for me.thanks!)
  • Oh yeah, i shall also watch my language. Oops! PS. I have started making substitutions eg. Poop for Shit, Fudge for the F word, Molly Cow for Holy Cow etc. (I know, i know they're really lame, but hey i gotta start from somewhere, do not judge!)
  • I have also vowed to appreciate people in my life more because i realise that without them, i wouldn't be the person that i am. I would send a special shout out individually but i think I'll reach the word limit for blogging, whatever the word limit is, that's how blessed i am.
  • Finally, i have resolved to get more involved with my blogging and to really fill you guys in on the goings-on in my life, even if they're made up because i think i owe you that much.
Have you done any self reflection lately? because sometimes we tend to find flaws in others that we ourselves possess. How about you do one now and make yourself a list of things you want to achieve this month. Nothing is impossible guys, the aim after all, is to be the best you possible. It starts now!

Thanks to all those who view my blog and those that have gone on to become followers. I only became active last month, and the amount of growth has been absolutely amazing. If you have any enquiries or requests or comments, leave a comment or e-mail me on my e-mail address which can be viewed on my profile. And i, in turn will get back to you.

Thank you all!


Bonjour!



Acknowledgement: Photos from: birthday calendars.ca, ccftucson.org,

No comments:

Post a Comment